Michelle R. Pass
MS, LPC, LMFT
Being born and raised in Arkansas, I have an appreciation for family and farm life. I thoroughly enjoy life on our family farm with my husband and 3 children – so much that we were awarded the Arkansas Farm Bureau Sebastian County Farm Family of the Year for 2017!! We have horses and raise cows and chickens. When I am not at work you will find me taking my kids to their sporting events, spending time with family, enjoying the great outdoors, working the farm, and volunteering in the community. I love animals and I am certified with EAGALA as a Mental Health Therapist and Equine Specialist. I look forward to certification with my chocolate lab, Scout, so she can assist me as a therapy dog. There is so much research that shows the positive benefits of using animals in therapy … plus, it is so much fun!
I worked as a mental health paraprofessional for 3 years while attending graduate school. I graduated from John Brown University in 2010 and have enjoyed working in various settings of mental health care. There really isn’t a population of individuals that I haven’t worked with. The past several years I have mostly worked with children and youth in school based services in Greenwood, AR. I enjoy working with individuals of all ages.
I have the most experience dealing with client’s behavior issues, anxiety, depression, stress, and relationship issues (whether it is parent-child, families, or couples). I use a variety of theories but I primarily use Reality Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and Family Systems Therapy.
My education includes a Master’s of Science degree in Marriage and Family Therapy and Community Counseling from John Brown University in 2010 and a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Psychology with a minor in Agriculture from Southern Arkansas University in Magnolia, AR. I have a dual license in Arkansas as a Licensed Professional Counselor and as a Marriage and Family Therapist.
- I completed post graduate school training in Play Therapy at John Brown University.
- Participated in LeadAR (Class of 2016) – Arkansas’ Rural and Agricultural Leadership Program
- Greenwood Rodeo Queen 2002
- Raise Labrador Retrievers and English Jack Russell Terriers
- Was a barrel racer on SAU collegiate rodeo team
- Love to watch food network and HGTV
- Serve on the Board of Directors for New Start for Children and Families in Van Buren
- Arkansas Farm Bureau Young Farmers and Ranchers State Committee, Crawford County YF&R Committee